1. Ruthie Foster: "Let it Burn" best cd of 2012. From opening harmonies of 5 Blind Boys on "Welcome Home" to duet with William Bell and one-up cover of Los Lobos' "This Time", backed by some of music's finest including the likes of George Porter Jr., Ike Stubblefield and Dave Easley, a true masterpiece!
2. Alabama Shakes EP, Letterman's birthday show appearance & sold out First Ave show. Fun to go along for ride with best young players in a generation.
3. Springsteen & E St: "Wrecking Ball" lp and 2nd nite in St. Paul on my B-day with my 2 kids next to stage for 3+ Hrs I'll cherish rest of my life!
4. Three Chords Good Reunion Tour Graham Parker & the Rumour and Final Show North American Tour at Fitzgerald Theater, St. Paul. Thoroughly satisfying performance by one of the greatest bands to ever cross the pond.
5. Alejandro Escovedo "Big Station". His strongest collection since"Man Under the Influence".
6. The Nighthawks "Damn Good Time". The addition of Mark Stutso on drums and new plumbing for Mr. "Guard Your Heart" Mark Wenner hopefully means more Night Work for the Nighthawks in 2013!